March 26th, 2008
This is the latest news from Copley & District Progress Association submitted by Rose. Keep an eye out for more updates in the CDPA News category.
- Progress has received a cheque from Community Benefit S.A. for the amount of $11,000. This is to be used to install new doors in the hall, & also carry out much needed repairs to it.
- Flinders Power has notified us of increased water rates, which we are currently negotiating.
- On Thursday evening 10th of April the CDPA will be providing a BBQ tea for “Wings On The Road”, a group of RFDS members & their support crew who are riding from the Outback (Alice Springs) to the Sea (Adelaide). They will be doing this the hard way – i.e. on the dirt roads & not bitumen! Please come along & help us welcome them, & make a donation to this worthy cause.
- CDPA has negotiated with Patrick Sewell to empty the community (main street) rubbish bins on a weekly basis.
- We have purchased a new laptop computer & accessories to facilitate easier management of the running of the CDPA.
- Committee & community members attended a meeting with Lorraine Edmunds, who spoke about the Mountains Of Memory Projects.
- New water tanks have arrived. They will be placed at the hall, old school house, information bay & Copley Cricket Club.
- Perilya in conjunction with ongoing tree planting will be doing more on the greening of Copley project.
- A train awareness program will be run in the near future, to educate children on the safety of the train shunting which will take place later on.